Completed Project and Overall Experience

My time at Blue Stamp Engineering finally came to a conclusion on August 1st 2012, and I had a completed project along with full documentation to show from it.

I have made a lot of progress and modifications since my last post. Instead of hosting the power usage web page on the Arduino, I instead opted to use a website called Cosm.com.

I set up the Arduino as a web client, and it uploads the data to the site every 30 seconds. The web site then graphs the data. My project documentation can be found on github at http://andrewmh20.github.com/Arduino-Wireless-Power-Meter/.

Overall, I think my past six weeks have been an amazing experience and I had a wonderful time. I learned a ton about basic engineering good practice and techniques. I examined my ability to persevere even when things did not always go the way I expected. I learned how to modify my goals over time as the project progressed and what could be achieved became more evident.

The best part for me was really the opportunity to work hands on, on a project which I enjoy with the expert guidance of knowledgeable instructors and TA’s. I feel like whenever I needed help there was always someone there to encourage me to figure it out on my own, and then help if I still needed assistance.

I am really glad that I chose Blue Stamp as my summer activity this year!

No Comments Yet.

Leave a reply